If You suffer a Disabling Injury, Sickness or Disease We will pay the usual and customary cost of medical treatment, ambulance transportation and emergency dental treatment which is provided outside Australia by or on the advice of a qualified medical practitioner or dentist.
Cover applies for a maximum of 12 months from the date of suffering the Disabling Injury, Sickness or Disease.
The maximum benefit limit for this section is:
|Medical Only Plan||$Unlimited|
|Domestic Plan||No Cover|
|Domestic Cancellation Plan||No Cover|
*Combined limit of Section 1 and 2.
We will not pay for:
1. medical treatment, dental treatment or ambulance transportation which is provided in Australia. This exclusion does not apply to medical treatment provided whilst on a ship (including cruise ship, passenger ship or passenger ferry) even if that ship is within Australian territorial waters. However, this additional benefit does not apply to any medical treatment provided on Australian inland waterways or whilst the ship is tied up in an Australian port.
2. dental treatment caused by or related to the deterioration and/or decay of teeth or associated tissue; involving the use of precious metals; or involving cosmetic dentistry.
3. the continuation or follow-up of treatment (including medication and ongoing immunisations) started prior to Your Journey.
4. routine medical or dental treatment or prenatal visits.
5. medical treatment, dental treatment or ambulance transportation which is provided in Your country of residence.
6. private medical or hospital treatment where public funded services or care is available, including medical or hospital treatment under any Reciprocal Health Agreement between Australia and the Government of any other country unless We agree to the private treatment.
Also Refer To